Keep reading to hear about my trip to Lisbon and the final week of my study abroad program! I am so happy and grateful for this experience and that y’all are interested in hearing about it!Read More »
Saturday, July 16th, 2016
- Wake up at 4:30am to catch a 7am plane to Valencia
- Arrive in Valencia at 8:30am
- Straight to the beach!! We grabbed some bocadillos on the way and just enjoyed a relaxing morning on the beaches of Spain and swimming in the Mediterranean Sea!
- We grabbed lunch: paella! Paella originates in Valencia so that was pretty cool.
- Then walked around the city. We saw Plaza de Ayuntamiento, Plaza de la Reina, and Catedral de Valencia.
- Got dinner at a fantastic Italian restaurant and saw the Church of St. Augustine before going to bed after a 20 hour day!
Sunday, July 17th, 2016
- City of Arts and Sciences: a very important spot in Valencia! We didn’t have time to go inside, but I did get to try water balling, a technique for training astronauts for walking in zero gravity.
- We walked through the Tura River Gardens, a park that is in place of an old river that used to go around the city.
- After lunch: walked around the city more and finally climbed 227 steps to the top of El Miguelete for a 360 degree view of the city!
- After a delayed flight and a long trip home, I finally got to sleep.
Monday, July 18th – Wednesday, July 20, 2016
- A lot of homework and recovering from the weekend!
- On Monday night I did go to a bachata/salsa/merengue dance class at a club in Madrid that was SO MUCH FUN! I had an absolute blast and I can’t wait to find places in the States were I can dance!
- Wednesday night my host mom taught me how to make tortilla con patatas…a very traditional Spanish dish!
Thursday, July 21, 2016
- So I finally took my day off and finished up some sight seeing I wanted to do with Tori.
- Temple of Debod: a very cool ancient Egyptian temple up on a hill in Madrid with a gorgeous view of the city. I am so glad that I went here during my time in the city.
- Then lots of shopping in Principe Pio, a cool old train station that has been converted into a mall. Also, it is the home of my favorite dried fruit stand in all of Europe.
- It was a very relaxing and fun day! I loved getting to take a break and I can’t believe how much of my trip is already over!
It was a really fun week and I will be posting about my trip to Lisbon, Portugal in the next post! Stay tuned!
It’s crazy to think my trip is almost halfway over. Keep reading to find out more about my second full week in Spain! Read More »
Here is the summary of what my first full week in Spain was like!Read More »
The trip is underway! Here are some quick notes about my first few days along with a small collection of the hundreds of pictures I’ve already taken 🙂Read More »